Every piece of equipment purchased by the Foundation is a direct result of the dedication of our donors. The donations are received through special events, planned giving, general donations as well as directed donations.
In 2018-19, in total–the Foundation committed over $1 million dollars to support equipment, capital infrastructure and education for staff and physicians at St. Martha’s Regional Hospital.
All of the funds raised by the Foundation come from individuals, as well as many of the businesses in our area and surrounding communities. That continuous support and sound financial management has enabled the Foundation to provide St. Martha’s with much needed equipment such as all of the equipment listed below.
- Several pieces of Ophthalmology equipment including: a new visual field machine and supporting software, retinal camera and an IOL Machine
- A 6-bed Palliative Care Unit located within the Hospital
- Funding to support a Behavioural Interventionist Program
- Cardiac Echo Machine
- CT Scanner
- Blood Gas Analyzers
- Heart monitor & Defibrillator
- IV Pumps
- Oxygen Saturation Monitors
- Stress Testing Equipment
- Respiratory Gas Monitor
- Ocular Ultrasound
- Educational Conferences
- Assessment tools
- Electric Hospital Beds
- Vital Signs Monitor
- Giraffe Omni Bed
- Breast Pumps
- Infant heart monitors
- Portable bipolar coagulator
- Lab equipment
- Patient Chairs in various units throughout the hospital
- Flooring for the new Chapel
- Funding for the Cancer Resource Room
The Foundation truly appreciates each and every donation and embraces the spirit in which they were given.
“Riches do not consist in the possession of treasures but in the use made of them” – Napoleon